Friday, January 28, 2011

The use of Twitter

In the past I have been skeptical of the networking site Twitter. I thought it was just a place for people to write about what was happening in their day or what they were going to eat for dinner. The only experience I had ever had with Twitter was hearing about "tweets" that celebrities or athletes were publishing. I never wanted a Twitter account and didn't think it was for me. Last semester though I was asked to set up an account for my CEP class. At first I thought I would just be making this account for the class and never using it again. After a full semester though I realized that Twitter is such a useful tool for education. I am a follower of a handful of professors and teachers and am able to see very useful and interesting articles and blogs thanks to the tweets from these people. This semester I will be working more with Twitter and other groups that involve this website. I am very excited to explore this networking site more and get into contact with more people that will be able to help me in my quest to become a teacher and after.

2 comments:

  1. This class is the first time that I have every made, or used twitter before. Like you I felt that it was just a place to read up on other peoples lives, or gossip just as facebook is used. I am slowly learning how it all works, but I can see that it has a potential to be very beneficial to me when learning about education. I am still shaky when it comes to knowing what to do, but I think the more I use it the more I will become comfortable and use it as you are currently. Reading your post has helped me to better see the actual use that educators can use twitter for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still learning as well and I am hesitant to "Tweet", but I think if I push myself a little more then I could really benefit even more from Twitter.

    ReplyDelete