Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Iphone 4

I recently bought the iPhone 4. I was amazed at everything I was able to do with this "phone". I say phone like that because this goes beyond what a conventional mobile phone should or can do. I am able to play pretty much any game I want on this phone as well as call or text my friends and family. I am also able to access all my social media sites with just one touch of an icon. I can set alerts to tell me when someone has posted on my Facebook or tagged me in a tweet. I am becoming more involved with Twitter now because of this phone and the accessibility to the site whenever I want. I think that this phone also has multiple educational uses.
One application I downloaded right away when I received this phone was a calendar and to do list app. I was able to put in reminders for special dates as well as work meetings and assignments. I think this specific application could be great for students, specifically special education students. For students who struggle with remembering tasks or need to be reminded of how to do a task step-by-step or even need a calendar to tell them the events of the day, this app would be perfect. The teacher could pre-record all of this information into the phone or even ipod and the student would have access to it all day whenever they want. There are also applications that allow for people to type what they want to say and the phone will read it out loud for them. I found this to be a tool that would be helpful to some students who have difficulties speaking or speech impediments. The student could type what they want to say and the phone would say it for them. There are devices that already to this, but they are large and hard to carry around. The phone is small and very portable and easy to manipulate because it is touch screen. Many applications also allow for captioning while listening to or viewing a video or audio. This would be perfect for deaf students or students with hearing impairments.
Overall I think this phone is amazing for me as a college student, but it would also be great for any student who needs a little extra help in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment