Friday, February 11, 2011

GPS

I recently took a trip to Wisconsin from East Lansing to visit some family. I used my GPS to get to my destination and during my drive I began to think about how important that piece of technology was to my drive. I also began to think about the last time I used a map or even looked at the map in my car. I realized it was before I had gotten my GPS. GPS systems are becoming even more common in a vehicle than a map. Although I still think it is important to have maps and to teach children to use them I also think it is important to teach children to use the technologies of maps. In schools today I don't see why students shouldn't be taught how to use GPS systems as well as different Internet map resources in connection with maps. The students will most likely come into contact with these technologies in their future and it will be useful for them to understand how to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment