Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Technology

This week I choose to look at some organization technologies. For many students in Special Education or who have a learning disability organization can be a key factor in their ability to keep up and follow school work. Many students need to have portable schedules that they are able to carry around with them during the day. One tool I looked at was google calendars. This is a tool that I have used in the past and it has been very helpful for me. The google calendar is set up like any other calendar, but it is used on the web. You can set certain events to a day or repeat an event so that it occurs on everyday or specific days. One good aspect of google calendars is that a reminder is sent to you when an event is happening. I set my reminders to go to my e-mail a day before it is going to happen. This has helped me keep up with school work as well as meetings for work. I think this tool could be very helpful to students in the classroom because they could have their reminders sent to their phones or have a device that allows them to keep their calendar open throughout the day so they know what they are to be doing. Although I am sure there are hundreds of different calendars and organizers on the web Google is one of the most known search engines on the internet. I feel it would be easy for students to use the technology as well as access it. The fact that the calendar is linked to your e-mail is also helpful for parents and teachers. They can communicate with each other and the student through these e-mails and any event that needs to be remembered can be put right into the calendar.

Learn More

1 comment:

  1. I use Google calendar and I love it! Yesterday, I was on my Gmail and a reminder popped up that I had a meeting starting in ten minutes. Also, it is so easy for me to change things around within seconds if a meeting time has changed or moved to the following link. All you have to do is drag it over!

    ReplyDelete