Monday, February 28, 2011

Professionalism

Recently in my classes we have discussed professionalism and what this means. We had a discussion the other day about the protesters in Wisconsin and whether or not their actions were professional. This could be a very heated debate, but in the end my opinion is that standing up for what you believe in and showing the passion you have for your work is not unprofessional. I feel these teachers and other workers are fighting for their rights and the quality of their work. Education is such an important field and the job of a teacher is one that is not appreciated enough. I wanted to try and connect this to technology and I feel that social networking can really help this cause. Because of blogs and Facebook people around the world are able to read about these events and they are able to show their support through these social networking websites. I think the power of social networking can be a factor in helping these people and their cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment